Sunday, July 27, 2008

From crappy to worse to pretty damn good

My day had started off quite badly... Georgia(my 4.5 yr old) had me saying "them's the rules" and had lost most of her priviledges before 9:30 a.m. Already late for my daughters school I spin around to see red dots on my beautiful new Orla Kiely bag - tomato vodka sauce from last night's dinner had somehow made its way 10 feet from the dining table onto my new purse. These things -- I'm increasingly noticing -- HAPPEN when you have two little people in your house.

Then at noon, I spend a few vain minutes cleaning up to catch lunch with my accountant down on the water. After a lovely 45 minutes of adult conversation - my sweet bleary eyed Vivian awakes in her car seat, stirs slightly and then I realize it's time to pick her up. Upon reaching around her sides my fingers get gooed with that turmeric-colored poop! Every kid has blowouts, but this was a mess unlike anything I ever saw with my first daughter. Suffice it to say I needed to ask the staff there for a dish rag they would 'never see again' just to even get us out the door. Of course, these things always happen in public. At this point I'm angry... at this point neither the gods nor the fact that it will be a full moon can explain the crappiness of this day...

BUT ....I came home and checked e-mail to find out Emilie Kleiner wrote about me on her blog, which seriously made my day. Emilie writes about artists that she likes and also likes keeping current with B.E.S.T. (Baltimore Etsy Street Team), design*sponge and lesser know arts online zines like ESOPUS.

Thank you Emilie!

No comments: